Congratulations on getting a Metro Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Metro Grocery Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Metro Interview Questions.
Metro Interview Questions
1) Tell me about yourself?
- Talk about your previous work experience, education, and your interests. Make yourself sound well-rounded and interesting.
- Focus on talking about related work experience more than anything else.
2) What can you tell us about Metro?
- It is a large supermarket chain located in Quebec and Ontario
- There are over 65,000 employees.
- There are over 600 supermarkets.
- The headquarters are in Montreal Quebec.
3) What do you want to work for us?
- If you are going to university tell them you think working at here would be a great way to pay for university.
- Mention you like the fact that they are concerned about the environment (Metro’s flyers are made from recycled paper).
- Mention you like the green apple school program that will fight childhood obesity.
4) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you are going to university tell them what you plan on doing after you finish.
- If you like to stay at the company tell them you would like to explore management opportunities.
- If you are lucky enough to work in Montreal there mention you would like to explore corporate opportunities.
- Have a look at other Metro Jobs and find a job you can see yourself doing in five years.
5) What is your greatest strength and weakness?
- Weakness: I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family.
- Strength: I am a people person
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
First I would find out what is wrong with the customer.
- If it was the product I would see if I could replace it.
- If the customer was upset because they could not find a product I would find it for them and not point them in a general direction.
7) Do you have any questions for us?
- What do you like best about working for Metro?
- What type of advancement can your top performing employees receive?
- What type of training will I receive?
Metro Interview Tips
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Learn as much as you can about the grocery store.
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Don’t talk too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t talk too slow as you will sound boring.