Congratulations on getting a Michaels Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Michaels job interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Michaels Interview Questions.
Michaels Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
Here’s the deal!
If you answer this question correctly you can really set yourself apart from other applicants.
Talk about how your previous and current work experience relates to the job you are applying to at Michaels. You will be ahead of the competition if you can prove you have related work experience.
If this is your first job, and you do not have any work experience do not worry. You can tell the interviewer you have been focusing on school and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
Do not tell the interviewer your life story.
2) What can you tell us about Michaels?
What is the biggest mistake you can make in an interview?
Not knowing enough about the company!
- Michaels owns and operates arts and crafts specialty retail stores in North America.
- Michaels offers crafts, home decor, seasonal crafts, framing, and paper crafting.
- The company was founded in Dallas Texas in 1973.
- Michales offers courses on beading, knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, painting, and cake decorating.
- The Michaels Companies which is the parent company of Michaels operates, Aaron Brothers Stores, and Pat Catan’s stores.
3) Why do you want to work for Michaels?
- Say you are a people person and you love crafts and therefore you feel you would be a good fit for Michaels.
- Say you would be proud to work for a company that supports Starlight Children’s Charity foundation and Michaels Cares.
4) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- If it was the product see if you can replace it. Tip! be familiar with Michaels Return policy.
5) What hours can you work?
- The more flexible you are with your hours the better your chances they will hire you at Michaels.
- Note Michaels increases their holiday hours during Christmas so you want to be flexible during this time.
6) What is your greatest strength?
Great answers are
- I work well under pressure.
- I work well in a team.
- I have excellent communication skills.
7) What types of crafts do you do?
- Possible answers are scrapbooking, knitting, crocheting, baking, paper crafting, and painting.
8) How do you feel about teaching craft courses?
- Michaels offers adult and children’s craft courses so don’t be surprised if they ask you this question.
- Answering yes to this question will increase your chances of getting hired.
9) Do you have any questions for us?
Most applicants won’t be ready for this question but the good news is you will be ready.
Possible answers are
- What do you like best about working at Michaels?
- What type of training will I receive?
- What are attributes of your top performing employees at Michaels?
Michaels Interview Attire
- Dress business casually if you are applying for a team member position. If you are applying for a position in management then dress formally.
Does Michaels Background Check?
- Yes, Michaels does a background check on their employees.