Congratulations on getting a Nordstrom Interview. Here you will find a step-by-step guide on how to ace the Nordstrom Interview. Here we will discuss Nordstrom Interview Questions, Tips, and Interview Attire.
Nordstrom Job Interview
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about you hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point. Focus more on your work experience and be sure to mention any customer service experience you have.
What can you tell us about Nordstrom?
- Nordstrom specializes in clothing, shoes, and accessories for men, women, and children.
- Nordstrom began as a shoe shop in Seattle in 1901.
- Nordstrom has over 350 stores in 40 states.
- Nordstrom has opened in Canada.
- The retailer serves customers in 96 countries via their online store.
- Nordstrom is a publically traded company.
- Nordstrom owns Nordstrom Rack which is a fashion retailer.
Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?
- In 2011, Nordstrom reached 10.5 billion in sales. With this kind of success, I feel that Nordstrom can teach me a lot about the retail industry.
- State you love the product and the service you get at Nordstrom and because of this, you would be happy to represent them.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer at Nordstrom because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I am good with people (this is a great answer because you will constantly be dealing with people at Nordstrom)
What is your greatest weakness?
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
- Tip! Become familiar with the Nordstrom return policy as it may help you answer this question.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- Have a look at Nordstrom’s employment website and see if there is a position you can see yourself doing in five years.
Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
Do you have any questions for us?
- If I were to start tomorrow what would be my top priority?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
Nordstrom Interview Outfit
- If you are dressing for a non-management position such as a sales associate then dress business casual. If you are applying for a management position then dress formally.
Nordstrom Interview Tips
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
- Learn as much as you can about the company.
- Make good eye contact throughout the interview.
Nordstrom Phone Interview
- If you have a phone interview just study the questions above and you should be fine. However, it is important to remember to find a quiet room in your home where you will not be disturbed. It is also important to turn off any call waiting so your call is not interrupted.
- The nice part about a phone interview is you can create a cheatsheet and prepare common answers to popular questions.
- Have a look at the balance do’s and don’t during a phone interview for great tips