Congratulations on getting an Olive Garden Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is fierce.
However, with a small bit of preparation, you can ace the Olive Garden Interview.
Here you will find how to successfully answer frequently asked Olive Garden Job Interview Questions and Answers.
Olive Garden Interview Questions
1. Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
2. What can you tell us about Olive Garden?
- The Olive Garden has over 800 restaurants.
- They are known for their freshly made Italian food.
- They offer soups, salads, grilled sandwiches, flatbread, pizzas, seafood, pasta, and desserts.
- They also offer a gluten-free, lighter Italian Fare (healthy menu), and a children’s menu.
- Customers are able to purchase Olive Garden salad dressing at their restaurants.
- They sell gift cards, and they offer the ability to order take out online.
- Olive Gardens parent restaurant is Darden Restaurants.
- In 2015, the restaurant generated over $3.8 billion in sales.
3. Why do you want to work at Olive Garden?
- Say you would like to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Say you love the product and the service you get, and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
- Say with Oliver Garden being a very successful restaurant you feel you can really learn a lot about the restaurant business.
- In 2014, Darden (parent company) was named to the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for the fourth year in a row.
4. What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because all restaurants have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
5. What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Olive Garden. Try something like
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
6. How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
7. Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish. If possible, say how your education goals both benefit your study and Olive Garden. For example, if you are going to cooking school you can apply what you learn at school to Olive Garden and also learn from real-world experience.
- Have a look at other Olive Garden jobs and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years. This will make you sound like a good long-term fit for the business.
8. Why should Olive Garden hire you?
- Have a second read of the job description and find key skills they are looking for and match those skills to your own.
- Attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure, teamwork, and communication are all great skills for any position in a restaurant.
Questions to ask on an Olive Garden Interview?
- What training kind of training will I receive?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- What do you like best about working at the Olive Garden?
Olive Garden Interview Tips
- Arrive five minutes early to the interview.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
- Have good body posture as it will prevent you from mumbling.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Learn as much as you can about Olive Garden before the interview.
Olive Garden Interview Attire
- Dress formal and remember you want to look like someone who can serve food. To look like you can serve food you need to wear your hair back, hide any tattoos, wear a minimal amount of jewelry, and trim your facial hair.
- Try and incorporate Olive Garden colors into what you wear. Obviously, you don’t want to go overboard.