Congratulations on getting an interview at On the Border Mexican Grill. Here you will find On the Border Interview Questions and Answers.
On the Border Mexican Grill Interview
Tell us about your previous work experience?
- If you have experience working in restaurants, working with customers or preparing food now is the time to mention it.
- If this is your first job and you do not have any experience, tell them you have been focusing in school and now you are ready to prove yourself in the workforce.
What can you tell us about On the Border Mexican Grill?
- In October of 1982, they opened the first On The Border in Dallas, Texas.
- On the Border got started with one idea — Share Border-style food with the world.
- They offer popular menu items such as brisket quesadillas, crispy corn quesadillas, border sampler, spinach and mushroom quesadillas, empanadas, and grande fajita Nachos.
Why do you want to work for On the Border Mexican Grill?
- State why it is better than the competition.
- Say you have great communication skills which will allow you to work well with the customer and other team members.
- Say you would like a job that keeps you active, and you will enjoy the challenge of working under pressure.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you) or
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because all restaurants have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at On the Border Mexican Grill. Say something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- Have a look at other On the Border jobs and find a position you can see yourself doing (this way you will not sound like a job hopper).
Why should On the Border Mexican Grill hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
Questions to ask at an On the Border Mexican Grill
- What are characteristics of top performing employees at On the Border Mexican Grill?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- What do you like best about working here?
On the Border Mexican Grill Interview Tips
- Arrive five minutes early
- Make good eye contact during the interview.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous or too slow as you will sound boring.
- Like them on Facebook and, if possible, mention an item, you saw and wanted, as this will show you truly do like them.
On the Border Mexican Grill Interview Attire
- Dress formal or at the very least business casual.
- Try and incorporate some of the companies colors into what you wear.