Congratulations on getting a Papa John’s Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Papa John’s Job Interview.
Here you will find how to successfully answer frequently asked interview questions at Papa John’s restaurants.
Papa John’s Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- You want to sound well rounded for this question. You should talk about your interests and hobbies and any work experience you have. Try and relate your previous work history to the job you are applying to.
2) What can you tell us about Papa John’s?
- They are a large pizza delivery chain (third largest in the world)
- The headquarters are in Louisville Kentucky.
- As of 2014, there are over 4200 restaurants.
- They are one of the first pizza restaurants to have online ordering available.
- Their customer mission statement is Papa John’s will create superior brand loyalty, i.e. “raving fans”, through (a) authentic, superior-quality products, (b) legendary customer service and (c) exceptional community service.
For 11 of the past 13 years, consumers have rated Papa John’s No. 1 in customer satisfaction among all national pizza chains in the American Customer Satisfaction Index
3) Why do you want to work for Papa John’s?
- State you love the service and the product you get at Papa John’s and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
- If going to college state that you think working here is a great way to pay for school.
- Say you want to work in a fast-paced environment.
3) Who is the CEO of Papa John’s?
- The CEO is John Schnatter. He is also the founder of the restaurant.
4) Why should I hire you?
- I am punctual.
- I am a hard worker.
- I am good with people.
- I am a quick learner.
5) Where do you see yourself in five years?
No Papa John’s Interview Questions list would be complete without this question. This question is designed to see if you have goals and also to see if you are a right fit. State something like:
- If you don’t have a five-year career plan, then consider restaurant management. This will make you sound like a good fit for Papa Johns.
- If going to college state what you plan on doing when you finish. If possible state what you learn at Papa John’s will apply to what you are studying in school.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out if it was the product and if it was I would offer to replace it free of charge. I believe an unhappy customer will never return.
7) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not cost you the job. State something like:
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
- I work too much and I neglect my friends and family.
8) What is your greatest strength?
- I work well as an individual or a team or
- I have great communication skills.
9) Describe great customer service?
- The customer is always right.
- Make sure the product is made to order the way the customer wants it.
- Always be aware of any allergy concerns the customer may have.
- The customer is served within a reasonable time.
10) What are your salary requirements?
- If it is an entry level position you are applying for more than likely it will be minimum wage.
- You can always flip the question and ask the salary range.
11) Questions to ask on a Papa John’s Interview
In addition, to answering Papa John’s Interview Questions, they will give you a chance to ask questions yourself. Questions to consider are
- What type of career advancement can your top performers expect?
- What do you like best about working at Papa John’s?
- What are characteristics of your best employees?
Papa John’s Drug Test Policy
- This is not a question but more of a FAQ. There is no evidence that Papa John’s does a drug test policy on their site.
Does Papa John’s do Background Checks
- This is another FAQ but according to their website Papa John’s only does background and credit checks if you are planning on becoming an owner.
Papa John’s Dress Code
- Papa John’s dress code is business casual. For the interview, you will want to dress one step better.
See Also Interview Questions for: