Congratulations on getting a Penneys Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation, you can ace the Pennys Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Pennys Interview Questions.
Penneys Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
2) Tell us about your previous work experience?
- If possible, relate your previous work experience to the job you are applying to. For example, if you have lots of experience in customer service and the position requires people skills be sure to talk about it.
- If this is your first job tell them you have been focusing on school and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
3) What can you tell us about Penneys?
- The company is a retail store operated by Primark.
- They sell men’s, women’s, and children’s clothes. They also sell home decor.
- In June 1969, the first store opened in Mary Street, Dublin.
- The company makes sure their suppliers follow a strict code of ethics that incorporates the United Nations charter.
4) Why do you want to work for Penneys?
- State you love the product and the service you get and because of this, you would be proud to work for them.
Tip!! Be sure to like Penny’s on Facebook and state a job you can see yourself doing in five years.
5) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you) or
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because they will get extremely busy during weekends and holidays and you need to stay focused during this time)
6) What is your greatest weakness?
No Penneys Interview Questions list would be complete without this question. Be sure to answer this in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work there. State something like:
- I work too much and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
7) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (say you would check Penneys refunds and exchanges policy first).
- If they could not find an item they were looking for I would try and find it for them and not point in a general direction that the item is located.
8) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- This question is designed to see if you have goals but, more importantly, to see if you are a good fit. For example, stating you want a career in fashion or retail management will align with their business goals. Be prepared for this question and, if possible, relate your career goals their business objectives.
9) Why should I hire you?
- For this question, I recommend reviewing the job description and looking for skills they are looking for and restate those skills. For example, if they want someone in customer service then they will be looking for someone with great communication skills.
10) Questions to ask in a Penneys Interview?
- What are qualities of your best employees?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- What do you like best about working here?