Congratulations on getting a Popeyes Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation, you can ace the Popeyes job interview.
Here you will find frequently asked Popeyes Interview Questions and Answers.
Popeyes Interview Questions
What can you tell us about Popeyes?
- The Popeyes menu consists of bonafide chicken, tenders, seafood, sandwiches, sides, desserts, and beverages.
- Popeyes was initially called Chicken on the Run but changed its name to Popeyes.
- Popeyes was named after a character in the movie “French Connection”.
- Popeyes opened its first international restaurant in Toronto Canada in 1984.
- Popeyes offers catering.
- There are now over 2600 restaurants around the world.
- Restaurant Brands is the parent company of Popeyes.
Why do you want to work for Popeyes?
- Mention you think the product is far better than any of their competitors.
- If you are going to college mention you think it is a great way to pay for school.
- State you want to learn more about the restaurant business and think Popeyes will be a great place to learn.
Why should Popeyes hire you?
Have a second look at the job description and find key skills they are looking for and reassure the interviewer you have those skills.
- For example, if you are interviewing for a cashier or a team member position then they will be looking for people who are good communicators, team players, and people who work well under pressure.
- If you are interviewing for a management position tell the interviewer you have strong leadership skills and excellent communication skills.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- If you are going to school state what you see yourself doing after college.
- If you say you want to stay in the restaurant business, say you would be interested in restaurant management. A career in restaurant management will make you sound like a good fit for Popeyes.
How would you deal with an angry customer?
- Say if it was the product you would find out what is wrong with the product and offer to replace it.
- State you would do whatever is possible to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never come back.
How would you define excellent customer service?
- The customer is greeted in a friendly manner.
- Food is promptly made to order.
- The restaurant is clean which includes the kitchen, the guests eating area, the toilets, and the parking lot.
What hours can you work?
- You will want to be flexible with your hours.
- If possible let the interviewer know you can work weekends.
Are you good at math?
- Say yes as they will only want you to be able to make change.
Do you have any restaurant experience?
- If you have, tell them. If you do not have any restaurant experience just tell them, no, and mention you are anxious to learn more about the restaurant industry.
What salary are you looking for?
- Don’t expect much more than minimum if you are interviewing for an entry-level position.
- You can always flip the question and ask what is the salary range is and then decide what to ask for.
Questions to ask on a Popeyes Interview?
- What do you like best about working for Popeyes?
- What are attributes of your top-performing employees?
- If offered the position is there any take-home material I can study to prepare for my new role.
- What type of advancement can top-performing employers receive?
How to prepare for an interview at Popeyes
- Learn as much as you can about the company.
- Don’t speak too slowly as you will sound boring or too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Make good eye contact throughout the interview.
- Sit up straight as it will prevent you from mumbling.
- If the interviewer says to ask questions at any time take the hint and ask questions (no need to wait until the end).
What do you wear to a Popeyes Interview?
- If you are interviewing for an entry level position then dress business casually.
- If you are interviewing for a management position then dress formally.
- Remember you want to look like someone who can serve or prepare food so if you have long hair wear it back and wear a minimal amount of jewelry if any.
Does Popeyes Drug Test?
- Popeyes does not drug test.