Congratulations on getting a Red Lobster interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Red Lobster job interview.
Here you will find how to successfully answer frequently asked Red Lobster Interview Questions.
Red Lobster Interview Questions
1) Tell us about your previous work experience?
- Highlight any customer service or restaurant experience you have. Keep your answer short and to the point.
- If this is your first job tell them you have been focusing on school and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
2) What can you tell us about Red Lobster?
- They are famous for serving fresh seafood.
- The parent company is Golden Gate Capital after acquiring them from Darden Restaurants (previous owner).
- The first restaurant opened in 1968 in Lakeland Florida.
- The headquarters are in Orlando Florida.
- There are almost 700 Red Lobster Restaurants.
3) Why do you want to work for Red Lobster?
- Tell the interviewer that you enjoy the product and service you get at Red Lobster and because of this, you would be happy to represent them.
- If going to college or university state, you think working at Red Lobster is a great way to pay for school.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I work well under pressure. This is a great answer as you will sound prepared for the Red Lobster rush hour.
- I am a quick learner. This is another great answer because Red Lobster will spend less time training you.
5) What would your previous boss say about you?
- My attention to detail (this is a great answer if you are in food preparation) or
- My ability to work under pressure (as Red Lobster can get extremely busy)
6) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not cost you the job. Say something like
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
- I work too much and don’t spend enough time with my friends and family.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Check out other jobs at Red Lobster if you don’t know what to say.
- If you are going to school say what you plan on doing when you finish.
8) Why should I hire you?
- Your answer really depends on the position you are applying to. For example, if they are looking to hire a host/hostess then they will want someone with good communication skills and the ability to make the customers feel welcomed. If you are applying for the position of a line cook, then you will want to state you have excellent teamwork skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
Questions to ask on a Red Lobster interview?
- If offered a position is there any take-home material I can read to get a head start?
- What type of advancement can top Red Lobster employees receive?
- What do you like best about working here?