Congratulations on getting a host/hostess interview. Here you will find frequently asked Red Robin Hostess Interview Questions and Answers. When interviewing for the position of hostess, your first impression is extremely important as you will be the first point of contact for customers. So when you appear in front of the hiring manager make sure you greet them with a smile, be upbeat, and happy.
Why do you want to be a hostess?
- I enjoy meeting new people.
- I am organized, and I work well under pressure.
- I am a good communicator which will help when taking reservations over the phone.
How would you describe an excellent host/hostess?
- They make sure the customer feel welcomed.
- The server to customer ratio is set at optimal levels.
- The host/hostess never sounds to busy to take reservations over the phone.
Why should I hire you?
First you need to reread the job description and find key skills they are looking for. Below are points taken from the job description with emphasis on skill sets.
- You will greet the Guest and guide them to a fun dining experience (skill required: communication skills).
- You should know how to book a reservation if needed, open and close certain sections of the restaurant according to the flow of business (skill required: organizational skills).
- Be prepared to seat Guests at a fast pace during busy times (skill required: works well under pressure).
So a possible answer to this question is:
- I have excellent communication skills.
- I have strong organizational skills.
- I work well under pressure and will be able to seat guest quickly during busy times.
Questions to ask on a Red Robin Hostess Interview?
- What are characteristics of top performing hosts?
- If offered the position, what type of training will I receive?