Congratulations on getting an interview. Below you will find frequently asked Red Robin Server Interview Questions and Answers.
Tell us about your previous work history?
Possible answers to put you ahead of other applicants are
- Previous server experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Restaurant experience.
Why do you want to be a server?
- Say you enjoy the challenge of working under pressure.
- Say you are outgoing by nature and will enjoy making new customers feel welcomed.
How would you deal with an irate customer?
- I would give them my complete attention and listen to their complaints.
- I would apologize and try to fix the issue.
- I would note the complaint and tell the manager about the issue so we can continuously improve.
How do you spend your downtime?
Often servers are required to work during peak hours and they will want to know how you use that two hour break periods. Possible answers are:
- I make sure I have enough change for my next shift.
- I spent time learning any new features on the menu.
- I spend time focusing on career goals (perhaps you are going to college).
Why should I hire you?
Have a second read of the job description and find key skills they are looking for and match those skills to your own. Here is what I found after reading the job posting.
- As a Server at Red Robin, you’ll use your approachable nature and friendly smile to guide Guests through a fun and satisfying dining experience (skill required: interpersonal skills)
- It is up to you to ensure guests are seated at a clean and properly set table and be comfortable making menu suggestions. (skill required: listening skills)
- From there you will need to take their orders accurately, as well as serve their drink and food orders in a timely manner while using safe food and beverage handling skills. (skill required: attention to detail, and work well under pressure)
So a possible answer to this question is:
- I have excellent interpersonal skills which will help to make the guest feel welcomed.
- I am a good listener and will get a good understanding of what the customer wants, so I can recommend an appropriate menu item if asked.
- I work well under pressure and will accurately be able to take orders accurately.
- I pay great attention to detail and will always use safe food and beverage handling skills.
Questions to ask on a Red Robin Server Interview?
- What type of advancement can top performing servers receive at Red Robin?
- What are successful characteristics of great servers?
Have you had success answering for Red Robin Server Interview Questions in the past? If so, share your success and comment below.