Congratulations on getting a Roots Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Roots Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Roots Interview Questions.
Roots Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point. Focus on your work experience and, if possible, talk about how you work well with customers.
2) What can you tell us about Roots?
- The company was founded in 1973 in Toronto.
- Roots have over 120 stores in Canada and the United States and more than 40 stores in Asia.
- Roots are known for Roots Genuine leather jackets, bags, and luggage. Roots are also known for their athletic sportswear and Roots Kids and Roots Baby Clothing. They also sell furniture, linens, towels, accessories.
3) Why do you want to work for Roots?
- Mention you would be proud to represent Roots as you enjoy the products and service you get when shopping there.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you) or
- I work well with people (this is a great answer because the majority of Roots employees will work with customers).
5) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not cost you the job at Roots. Say something like
- I work too much and I neglect my friends and family.
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with Roots return policy first). It is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- If you say you want to stay in retail, you will sound like a good fit for Roots. Check out job titles such as retail manager, or retail supervisor and see if this is a good
fit for you.
8) Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
9) Questions to ask on a Roots Interview?
- If offered the position is there any take-home material I can read to get a head start?
- What type of training will I receive?
- What do you like best about working at Roots?