Congratulation on getting a Ross Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Ross Stores Interview.
Here you will find frequently asked Ross Interview Questions.
Ross Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point. They are more interested in your work experience than anything else and if possible, be sure to highlight any customer service experience you have.
2) What can you tell us about Ross Stores?
- Ross dress for less started in 1982.
- Ross Stores has over 1000 stores in 29 states.
- In 2007, Ross Stores launches dd DISCOUNTS that sells 20% to 70% off quality retail products.
3) Why do you want to work for Ross Stores?
- State you like the product and service you get at Ross.
- State you love the fact that they are committed to the environment. On the Ross Store website, they mention they partner with EPA-certified transportation providers and utilize energy-efficient technology in their stores.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because other Ross employees will have to spend less time training you)
- My people skills (this is a great answer as more than likely you will be dealing with people)
5) What is your greatest weakness?
For this question, you need an answer that your greatest weakness will not interfere with your ability to work at Ross Stores. My favorite answers are:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- I don’t take enough personal time for myself when I get caught in my work.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
- Tip!!! Learn the Ross Store return policy as it may help you answer this question.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
No Ross Stores Interview Questions list would be complete without this question.
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish (show you have goals).
- If you say you want to stay in retail, you will sound like a good fit for ROSS. Check out job titles such as retail manager, or retail supervisor and see if this is a good fit for you.
8) Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
9) Do you have any questions for us?
- What are characteristics of your top performing employees?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
What to wear to a Ross Interview?
- As a rule of thumb, you always want to dress one step better than the interviewer. When looking at the Ross employee dress code you will see they dress business casual. So at the very least, you will want to dress business casual or formal.
Ross Interview Tips
- Turn off your smartphone
- Arrive 10 munites early.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
- Learn as much as you can about the company.