1) What would you do if a customer asked you where an item was located in the store?
- This question was designed to get your philosophy on customer service. Don’t say you would point them in a general direction. Tell them you walk them over and find the item they were looking for.
2) How would you dress a mannequin?
- Yes, this question will be asked. This is to see your sense of style and fashion.
3) Why do you want to work for Sail?
- State you love the product and service you get at Sail and because of this, you would be proud to work here.
4) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Sail. State something like
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
- I am a workaholic and I don’t take enough time for myself.
5) What is your greatest strength?
- You will want to look at the job description and find skills they are looking for and restate those skills. For example, if they want someone who works well with customers, state you have great communication skills.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the product. If they were upset with the product I would see if they could return it. Note: Become familiar with Sail return policy as it may help during the interview.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you say you want to stay in retail, you will sound like a good fit for Sail. Check out job titles such as retail manager, or retail supervisor and see if this is a good fit for you.
8) Do you have any questions for us?
- What kind of training will I receive?
- What are characteristics do your top performing employees have?