Congratulations on getting a Second Cup Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation, you can land a job at Second Cup.
Here we will discuss how to correctly answer Second Cup Interview Questions.
Second Cup Interview Questions
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
What can you tell us about Second Cup?
- Second Cup began in 1975.
- Second Cup has over 350 cafes across Canada.
- In addition to coffee, Second Cup offers food and beverages. Beverages include Espressos, Whole Leaf Teas, and Lattes.
- Customers can use their Second Cup Coffee Card and top up their balance online.
- Second Cup is traded on the TSX.
Why do you want to work for Second Cup?
- If going to university state, you think working at Second Cup is a great way to pay for school.
- If you would like to stay in the coffee industry state you think Second Cup can teach you a lot about the coffee market.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you) or
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because all Second Cup will have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
What is your greatest weakness?
- State that when you get caught up in your work you forget to take personal time for yourself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- If you don’t have a five-year career plan, then browse jobs on popular employment websites and find a something you would love to do in five years.
Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
Questions to ask on a Second Cup Interview?
- What training will I receive?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- What hours will I work?
- What do you like best about working here?