Congratulations on getting a Sephora Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation, you can ace the Sephora Job Interview.
Here you will learn how to successfully answer Sephora Interview Questions.
Sephora Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
Here’s the deal!
Answering this question correctly is one of your best chances at selling yourself.
When answering this question state how your past and present work experience will benefit Sephora. Then state how your future goals align with Sephora Business objectives.
For example, in the past, I worked in retail as a cashier. Currently, I am in school studying business. In the future, I would like to stay in retail and work in management.
Here the interviewer is probably thinking this person has customer service and cashier experience. What this person is studying may come in handy at Sephora. Finally, the interviewer will think this person is not a flight risk as they want to remain in retail.
Remember to focus on what the interviewer wants to hear and don’t tell him/her your life story.
2) What can you tell us about Sephora?
- Sephora is a French chain of cosmetics founded in 1969.
- The headquarters are in Paris, France.
- Sephora first opened in the United States in 1998 and in Canada in 2004.
- Sephora has a virtual artist app. By uploading a photo the user can get a virtual make over.
- In 2006, Sephora opened inside JC Penny.
3) Why do you want to work at Sephora?
- State you love working with people and love cosmetic products.
- State you would be proud to work for a company with an environmental track record such as Sephora. In 2015, Saphora was recognized by Global Cosmetic News that their newly launched display cases have a 30% lighter metal frame that will reduce CO2 emissions by 220 metric tons.
4) How many products does Sephora carry?
- Sephora carries around 300 brands along with its private label.
5) What is your greatest weakness?
- Make sure your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Sephora. Whatever your greatest weakness is, state how you are overcoming this issue.
- For example, my greatest weakness is my fear of public speaking. To overcome this weakness I have joined the public speaking group, Toastmasters.
6) What is your greatest strength?
Great strengths that would benefit Sephora are:
- Great communication skills.
- Good listener.
- Quick learner.
- Attention to detail.
7) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- First, state you would listen and find out what is wrong with the customer. If they were unhappy with the service say you would apologize and try to make things right. If they were unhappy because of the product I would see if she could return it.
8) Why should I hire you?
- When answering this question you need to think of what makes you stand out from the crowd. What experience do you have that others do not?
- Perhaps you have more retail experience or cosmetic experience than other applicants.
9) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Make sure your five-year plan is a good fit for Sephora.
- If you don’t know what to say then have a look at Sephora’s Careers section and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years.
10) Do you have any questions for us?
- What do you like best about working for Sephora?
- What are attributes of your top performing employees?
- What type of training will I receive?
Sephora Second Interview
- If you have a second interview it is more than likely to be with another manager. Study the questions above and you will do fine.
Sephora Interview Outfit
- If you are on Sephora cashier interview or any other entry level position then dress business casually. If you are on a management interview then dress formally.
Saphora Interview Tips
There is a Sephora Interview Demo where you role play. They will ask you to role play as a beauty advisor.
Some great tips are
- Make sure you sanitize your hands.
- Never double dip.
- Offer your client a hand-held mirror.
- Be sure to ask questions such as what is your skin type, what products are you using, and what are your main concerns.