Congratulations on getting a Shake Shack Interview.
It is no secret that interviews are stressful and competition is high.
However, with a bit of preparation, you can ace the Shake Shack Job Interview.
Below we will discuss how to successfully answer frequently asked interview questions at Shake Shack.
Shake Shake Interview Questions
1) What can you tell us about Shake Shack?
- Shake Shack is a modern day “roadside” burger stand. They are known for their burgers, hot dogs, crinkle-cut fries, frozen custard, shakes, beer, and wine.
- The restaurant started in a hot dog cart in Manhattan to support the Madison Square Park Conservancy’s first art installation.
- In 2004, they were able to open permanently in Madison Square Park.
- Since December 31, 2014, there are 63 Shacks in 9 countries and 34 cities.
- Shake Shacks signature items are all-natural, hormone and antibiotic-free.
- They are founded by Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group (” USHG “).
- Their vision is to Stand For Something Good.
- Shake Shack’s flagship item is the ShackBurger, which is a four-ounce cheeseburger topped with lettuce, tomato, and ShackSauce.
- Dogs are welcomed at Shake Shack. They have a “Woof” section of their menu. Owners can buy their pets a shackburger pooch-ini. The restaurant also sells dog biscuits to-go.
- Shake Shack’s Ale called ShackMeister Ale is brewed by Brooklyn Brewery.
2) Why do you want to work for Shake Shack?
- Say you would be proud to work for a company that donates 1% of sales from shake bottled water which supports the cleanup of water sources around the world.
- Tell them you feel, it will be a great place to learn more about the restaurant industry as they offer exceptional customer service and a great product.
3) Why should Shake Shack hire you?
Shake Shack hires what they call 51%ers. This means that any given staff member should have 51 percent in emotional intelligence and 49 percent technical. You need to show the interviewer you have both emotional intelligence and technical skills.
So asked why should we hire you, state you have some of these characteristics
- Self Aware
- Intellectually curious
- Customer Service
- Quick learner (point of sale systems)
- Works well under pressure.
4) What would you do if you saw someone taking money from the register?
- Say that you would report it to your manager. It is important that the restaurant makes a profit so everyone gets paid.
5) Who is the CEO of Shake Shack?
- The CEO is Randy Garutti.
Questions to ask on a Shake Shack Interview?
- I read about The Shacksperience. My understanding is this is a leadership program. Can you tell me more about it?
- What do you like best about working here?
- What type of advancement can top performers receive?