Great work on getting the interview at Sheraton Hotels.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a bit of preparation, you can ace the Sheraton Interview.
Below you will find how to answer frequently asked Sheraton Interview Questions, Tips, and Advice.
Sheraton Interview Questions
1) What can you tell us about Sheraton?
- Sheraton Hotels parent company is Marriot International.
- The hotel was founded by Ernest Henderson and Robert Moore. Henderson and Moore ended up buying a hotel with a large sign saying “Sheraton Hotel”. The sign was too large and expensive to take down so they named all the hotels Sheraton.
- Today the hotel has a fitness program and accomplished this by partnering with Core Performance.
- Sheraton Reward program is called Sheraton Preferred Guest. When it comes to free nights they don’t have blackouts.
- Sheraton app for smartphones is called SPG.
- It is the first hotel to be listed on the NYSE.
- Guests can upgrade their rooms through Sheraton Club.
2) What would your previous boss say about you?
Possible answers for this are
- I have excellent attention to detail.
- I am punctual.
- I work well under pressure.
- I have excellent communication skills.
- I am a good listener.
- I work well in a team and as an individual.
3) How would you deal with a difficult customer?
- State you would so whatever it takes to keep the customer happy (within reason) as an unhappy customer does not come back.
- Tip!!! Have a look at other customer review sites and find out why the customer was unhappy.
4) Why do you want to work for Sheraton?
- With Sheraton Hotels being such a large and successful franchise say you feel that you can really learn and grow your career here with hard work.
- Tell the interviewer why you think Sheraton is better than the competition. For example, why do you like Sheraton better than the Marriott?
- Tip!!! Be sure to sound enthusiastic when answering this question.
5) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Have a look at the Starwood Hotels Job Site and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years. This way you will sound like a good fit for the company.
- Make sure your five-year goal is aligned with the hotels business objectives. For example, if you see yourself working in a hospital then your goals are not aligned with theirs.
Questions to ask on a Sheraton Interview?
- What do you like best about working at the Sheraton?
- What type of advancement can top performers receive?
Sheraton Interview Attire
- You need to dress well (formal) as this is a high-class hotel.
- If you are working in the hotel restaurant make sure you look for someone who can serve food (if you have long hair wear it back, wear a limited amount of jewelry, guys trim any facial hair).
Sheraton Interview Tips
- Arrive 5 to 10 minutes early.
- Have good eye contact during the interview as you will sound like a good listener, and reassure the interviewer you are telling the truth.
- Do not speak too fast as you will sound nervous, or too slow as you will sound boring.