Congratulations on getting a Smitty’s Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Smitty’s Job Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Smitty’s Interview Questions.
Smitty’s Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your education, your work experience, and mention your hobbies. You will want to look well rounded. Keep your answer short and to the point. Be sure to talk more about your previous work experience than anything else.
2) What can you tell us about Smitty’s?
- Smitty’s is Canada’s largest restaurant chain.
- Smitty’s offers a diverse menu consisting of buttermilk pancakes, waffles, omelettes, salads, sandwiches, steaks, and pastas.
- The first Smitty’s restaurant was opened in Calgary Alberta in 1960.
3) Why do you want to work at Smitty’s
- I always get great service and great products at Smitty’s and because of this, I would be proud to represent them.
- If going to university tell them you think it is a great way to pay for university.
4) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you are going to university tell them what you plan on doing after you finish.
- If you would like to stay at Smitty’s tell them you would like to be in restaurant management.
5) Why should I hire you?
- I understand how important it is for me to start my shift on time.
- I am a hard worker.
- I have excellent communication skills.
- I work well as an individual or as a team player.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- If the customer was upset with the food I would offer to replace it. Mention you understand how important it is to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
7) Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
- Perhaps a customer had children and you gave the kids a tour of the kitchen or maybe there was an item not on the menu and went to a different restaurant to get it. These are good examples but you need to come up with your own.
8) Do you have any questions for us?
- What type of training will I receive?
- What kind of career advancement can top performers at Smitty’s expect?
- What do you like best about working for Smitty’s?