Congratulations on getting a Sobeys Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation, you can ace the Sobeys job interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Sobeys Interview Questions.
Sobeys Interview Questions
1) What can you tell us about Sobeys?
- Sobeys began in Nova Scotia in 1907.
- Sobeys headquarters are in Stellarton, Nova
- The CEO of Sobeys is Michael Medline.
- There are 1,300 stores in Canada.
- Sobeys is in 10 Canadian Provinces.
2) Why do you want to work for Sobeys?
- Sobeys always supports their local communities. Sobeys website mentions they try to help the communities by reducing hunger. I would be proud to represent a company that supports such a great cause.
- If you are going to university tell them you think Sobeys is a great way to help pay for school.
- State Sobeys is a very successful business in Canada and that you could learn a lot about food retail.
3) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you don’t have a five-year career plan, then browse jobs on popular employment websites and find a something you would love to do in five years.
- If you are going to university state what you see yourself doing in five years.
- If you plan on staying at Sobey’s look at their career website and look for future opportunities you could see yourself doing.
4) Why should I hire you?
Here I recommend you revisit the job description and find key skills they are looking for. If you have those skills you can reassure the interviewer why he or she should hire you. Suppose you had a Sobeys Cashier Interview and you found in the job description that they are looking for someone who has strong interpersonal and communication skills. They are also looking for someone who has excellent customer service skills and has retail experience. So here I would state
- I have excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will allow me to work well in a team.
- I have excellent customer service skills which will allow me to work well with the customer.
- I have several years in retail (if this is indeed the case).
5) Are you good at math?
- If they ask this they want you to be a cashier. If you are not good at math tell them you can do basic addition and subtraction. Also, mention you are comfortable learning new technology.
6) What is your greatest weakness?
You will want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Sobeys. State something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
7) Questions to ask on a Sobeys Interview
- What do you like best about working here?
- What are attributes of your top-performing employees?
Sobeys Interview Tips
- Dress well, make eye contact, and don’t speak too fast or slow.