Congratulations on getting a Spar Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a bit of preparation, you can ace the Spar Job Interview.
Here we will discuss how to answer frequently asked interview questions at Spar.
Spar Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
2) Tell us about your previous work history?
- If you have lots of work experience be sure to relate your previous experience to the job you are applying for.
- If this is your first job don’t worry about it as Spar hires lots of first-time employees. You can always state you have been focusing my time in school and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
3) What can you tell us about Spar?
- Headquarters at Spar located in Amsterdam Netherlands.
- Spar is well known for their grocery and convenience stores.
- The word Spar means to save.
- Spar was started in the Netherlands in 1932.
- Spar operated mainly throughout Europe but also operates in Africa, Asia, and Australia.
4) Why do you want to work for Spar?
- State you get great service and value when at Spar and because of this you would be happy to represent them.
- You enjoy working with people which will allow you to work well as a team and with customers.
5) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because Spar will get very busy and you need to stay focused during this time)
6) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness will not impact your ability to work at Spar. State something like
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
7) How would you deal with an upset customer?
I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
8) Where do you see yourself in five years?
Most stores will ask this during your Spar Interview Question Period. This question is designed to see if you have goals but, more importantly, to see if you are a right fit at Spar.
- If you state you want a career in retail management then a career at Spar sounds like you are a match for their business objectives.
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish but try and relate to how working at Spar will relate to what you are studying.
9) Why should I hire you?
When working at Spar, you will more than likely be working with customers so they will be looking for someone with people skills. They will also want someone who is on time so they will want you to be punctual. They will also want someone who provides a clean and organized Spar store so attention to detail is a must.
So when asked why should I hire you state:
- I have excellent communication skills and will work well with a diverse range of customers.
- I am punctual and understand the need to start work on time and the implications if one is late.
- I pay great attention to detail and will always make sure the store is well supplied, presentable, and clean.
10) Questions to ask on a Spar Interview?
The best approach is to listen well during the Spar Interview and ask questions. Nevertheless, it is good to be prepared for this question. Below are sample questions you can ask.
- What hours will I work?
- What type of training will I receive?
- What are characteristics of top performing employees at Spar?
Have you had success with Spar interview or any Spar Interview questions you can recommend? Share your successes or any suggestions below.