Congratulations on getting a Sport Chek Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Sport Chek Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Sport Chek Interview Questions.
Sport Chek Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. They will be more interested in your work experience than anything else. If possible, be sure to mention any customer service work experience you have.
2) What can you tell us about Sport Chek?
- Sport Chek is owned by Canadian Tire.
- They are Canadas largest national retailer of sporting goods.
- Sport Chek exists all across Canada (excluding Yukon).
- Sport Chek is the largest Canadian retailer of sporting clothing and sporting equipment.
3) Why do you want to work for Sport Chek?
- Mention you love sports and you love working with people and you think working at Sport Chek will allow you to do both.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer at Sport Chek because employees will have to spend less time training you)
- I am good with people (this is a good answer as you will constantly be working with people at Sport Chek)
5) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not cost you the job.
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
- I tend to work too much and neglect my friends and family.
6) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- If you don’t have a five-year career plan, then browse jobs on popular employment websites and find a something you would love to do in five years.
- Since they are owned by Canadian Tire why not look at Canadian Tire online career section and find a job you can see yourself doing in five years.
7) How do you define excellent customer service?
- The staff is knowledgeable about the products they sell.
- The staff is never too busy to help the customer.
- Product lines are well stocked and the customer can always get the product they want.
- The lines at the checkout are never too long.
8) How would you deal with an unhappy customer?
- If a customer was unhappy because they could not find a particular item I would find it for them and not just point the customer to a general direction.
- If the customer was unhappy with an item they purchased I would see if they can return it (Tip learn the Sport Chek Return Policy as it may help you with this question).
9) Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
10) Questions to ask on a Sport Chek Interview?
- If offered the position is there any take-home material I can read?
- What do you like best about working here?
- What type of training will I receive?