Congratulations on getting a Steak n Shake Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is fierce.
However, with a little bit of preparation, you can ace the Steak n Shake Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer the Steak n Shake Interview Questions.
Steak n Shake Interview Questions
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
Tell us about your previous work experience?
- If possible, relate any previous work experience you have to the job you are applying to at Steak ‘n Shake. For example, perhaps you have experience in customer service or cooking. Customer service and cooking are both examples of what skills Shake ‘n Shake are looking for.
- If this is your first job tell them you have been focusing on school and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
What can you tell us about Steak ‘n Shake?
- Steak ‘n Shake was founded in February 1934 in Normal Illinois.
- The original founder would wheel in a barrel of steaks and grind the meat into his burgers to show his product is exceptionally prime. This is why the Shake ‘n Shake slogan is “In Site. It Must Be Right”.
- Steak ‘n Shake offers breakfast (midnight to 11 am), lunch and dinner, late night menu (midnight to 6 am), and a kids menu.
Why do you want to work for Steak’n Shake?
- State you like the product and the service you get at Steak’n Shake and because of this, you would be proud to work for them.
- If possible, like them on Facebook and tell them about a product you saw and wanted. This will show you truly like Steak’n Shake.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because Steak’n Shake will have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
What is your greatest weakness?
You will want to answer this in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Steak ‘n Shake. State something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family.
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
This question is designed to see if you have goals and ambition
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- If you don’t know what to say, perhaps consider a career in restaurant management (this will make you sound like a good fit for Steak n’ Shake).
Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
Do you have any questions for us?
- If offered the position what hours would I work?
- If offered the position what kind of training would I receive?
What to wear to a steak and shake interview?
- Dress business casually if you are applying for a non-management position.