Subway Assistant Manager supervises operations, schedules staff, and ensures excellent customer service. Here you will find Subway Assistant Manager Interview Questions and Answers.
Subway Assistant Manager Job Interview
Tell us about your previous work experience?
- What they really want to hear is how your previous work experience matches the experience required to be an assistant manager. They will be looking for people who have experience supervising staff, scheduling people, managing inventory, and monitoring food safety in a restaurant environment.
Describe the process you would take in letting someone go?
- Say you always put people on performance review as they need to understand why they are not meeting their expectations. I let them go if they do not perform to levels required.
Why do you want to be an assistant manager at Subway?
- Say you love to coach and mentor others. You feel that you are helping them learn valuable real-life business skills, which will not only valuable today, but in the future.
Why should we hire you as our Assistant Manager?
For this question, you need to have a second read of the job description and find key skills they are looking for and reassure them that you have these skills. After rereading the job description below is what I found:
- The Assistant Manager supervises daily operations to ensure that food safety, product preparation, cleanliness and inventory control standards are maintained (skill required: attention to detail)
- Schedules and supervises staff (skill required: organizational)
- Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position (skill required: communication)
- Computer knowledge is desirable (skill required: computer skills)
A possible answer to this question is
- I pay great attention to detail which will help ensure that food is made to the highest possible standards, the restaurant is always clean, and inventory is well maintained.
- I have excellent organizational skills to help when scheduling shifts.
- I have great communication skills which will allow me to coach a team and work well with the customers.
- I have strong knowledge of computer software and I am quick to learn new systems.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Say you would like to become a multi-unit manager or perhaps open your own franchise.
- This is a standard Subway Assistant Manager Interview Question, so I recommend to review our common interview questions as they will apply to almost any interview
Questions to ask on a Subway Assistant Manager Interview?
- Why is the position open?
- What did the previous assistant manager do well? What could he/she improve on?