Congratulations on getting a Subway Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation, you can ace the Subway Job Interview.
Here you will find frequently asked Subway Interview Questions and Answers.
Subway Interview Questions
1) What can you tell us about Subway?
- The first subway restaurant was opened in 1965 in Bridgeport Connecticut.
- Today, the SUBWAY brand is the world’s largest submarine sandwich chain with more than 44,000 locations around the world.
- In addition to sandwiches, they sell breakfast, salads, and sides.
- The menu has an 8 under 6 item, which means they offer 8 subs with 6 grams of fat or under.
- The Subway brand’s most popular sandwich is the Italian B.M.T, Tuna, and the Subway club.
- Subway offers to cater.
2) Why do you want to work at Subway?
- If going or planning on going to college say, “I am going to school, and I feel Subway is a great way to help pay for my education.”
- Mention you have a general interest in food and cooking in general.
- Say you enjoy the thought of working in a restaurant with lots of healthy food choices.
- Tip!! Why not like Subway on Facebook and quote an item you saw and wanted. This will show you truly do like Subway.
3) Why should I hire you?
- I pay great attention to detail and will always make sure the order is made just the way the customer wants it.
- I have great communication skills which will allow me to work well with other sandwich artists and customers.
- I am punctual and understand the need to start my shift on time.
4) What hours can you work?
- Try and be as flexible as possible. Flexible hours will help you get the job.
5) What work experience do you have?
- Talk about any customer service experience you have.
- Talk about any restaurant experience you have.
6) What does BMT stand for?
- Biggest, Meatiest, and Tastiest
7) How do you greet a customer?
- State you greet them with a smile and always welcome them to Subway.
8) Do you have a criminal record?
- Be honest tell the truth.
9) What is your greatest strength?
- My communication skills (this is a great answer as you will be working with customers).
10) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Subway. State something like
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
11) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- This question is designed to see if you have goals and if you are ambitious. If you don’t have a goal, why not have a look at other subway jobs and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years (makes sure they are management level and above).
12) Questions to ask on a Subway Interview?
- What hours will I work?
- What kind of training will I receive?
- What are attributes of your top-performing employees?
- What do you like best about working at Subway?
What to wear on a Subway Interview?
- Dress formal or at the very least dress business casual.
- Try and incorporate the colors green, white, and yellow into what you wear.
- You will want to look like someone who can serve food so if you have long hair wear it back, wear a minimal amount of jewelry, and guys trim any facial hair.
Subway Interview Tips
- Most positions at Subway are customer facing so remember your communication skills are everything. Be sure to sound upbeat and friendly. Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous or two slow as you will sound boring.
- Dress business casual (you are dealing with food so your appearance is everything).
- Arrive 10 to 15 minutes early.
- Bring an extra resume.