Congratulations on getting a Tesco Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Tesco Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Tesco Interview Questions.
Tesco Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
- What matters most is your previous work experience. If you have related work experience you will be ahead of the competition.
2) Tell us about your previous work experience?
- If possible, try to talk about how your previous work experience relates to the job you are applying to at Tesco.
- If this is your first job state you have been focusing on school, and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
3) What can you tell us about Tesco?
- Tesco is one of the largest retailers in the world.
- The company was founded in 1919 by Jack Cohen.
- Tesco is best known for their fresh food and groceries.
- Tesco is also known for their clothing, online shopping, insurance, petrol filling stations and mobile pay as you go services.
4) Why do you want to work for us?
- State you love the product and the service you get at Tesco and because of this, you would be happy to represent them.
- Say you would also be proud to work for a company that is so focused on reducing food waste (Their food waste is under 1%).
- Mention you like the fact that Tesco promotes healthier living for their customers. For example, Tesco is the first retailer in the UK to give kids free fruit in their stores. Tesco has also removed sweets and chocolates from their checkouts across all their stores.
5) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because all Tesco’s will get very busy and you need to stay focused during this time)
6) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Tesco. State something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
7) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first). State it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
- If the customer was upset because they could not find a product, I would find it for them and not just point them in a general direction.
- Tip! Have a look at Tesco’s return policy and you can reference it when answering this question. For example, if a customer tries to return an item of clothing you can see if they can still return it by referencing the return policy.
8) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Tesco is a huge corporation and will have plenty of opportunities for growth. Why not have a look at Tesco’s career website and find a job you can see yourself doing in five years.
9) Why should I hire you?
- Have a look at the job description and find skills they are looking for and restate those skills. Skills that Tesco will be more than likely to look for are communication skills, motivational, punctual, and a quick learner.
10) How did you find this job?
- If possible, state you have been actively looking at Tesco’s website for jobs as you think it would be a fun and fast-paced place to work.
- If you know anybody who works there be sure to mention their name (assuming they will give you a good reference).
11) Questions to ask on a Tesco Interview?
No Tesco Interview Questions list would be complete without asking, “Do you have any questions for us” question. Below are some suggested questions you can ask.
- What are attributes of your top-performing employees?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- What hours will I work?
- What kind of training will I receive?
- What do you like best about working at Tesco?
Tesco Interview What to Wear
- If you are on a Tesco Customer Assistant Interview or applying for any other entry level position then dress business casual.
- If you are interviewing for a managerial role then dress formally.