Tim Hortons Interview Questions
Why do you want to work at Tim Hortons?
- If going to university state you think working here is a great way to pay for school.
- If this is your first job you can also state you have been focusing on school and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the work force.
- Tell them you enjoy working in a fast pace environment.
Why should we hire you?
- Tell them you are a hard worker and want to work in a fast paced environment.
What experience do you have?
- If you have restaurant experience be sure to tell them about it.
- State any customer service experience you may have.
- Tell them about any fast paced environment experience you have.
What can you tell us about Tim Hortons?
- They is no longer owned by Wendy’s.
- The head office is located in Oakville Ontario
- They have a children’s foundation designed to send children to camp.
- There were founded in 1964.
- They have over 3000 stores nationwide.
- Finally say your favourite product at Tim Hortons. It will show you are interested in the product.
- Their mission statement is, “Our guiding mission is to deliver superior quality products and services for our guests and communities through leadership, innovation and partnerships. Our vision is to be the quality leader in everything we do.
- The roll up to rim win competition was started in 1986 to reward loyal customers.
Who was Tim Horton?
- They probably won’t ask this but Tim Horton was a NHL Player. Tim Horton played for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
How would you handle a difficult customer?
- Say the customer is always right. If the customer complained about the food or drink item simply replace it. If the customer is still unhappy I would discuss with the manager on what steps to take.
What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Tim Hortons. State something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family.
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself to explore my interests and hobbies.
How would you define great customer service?
- Great customer service is when the food is delivered on time, the food is fresh and the order is correct. The server is polite and courteous and the customers wait time is minimal.
- Tip!!! Have a look at Tim Hortons Facebook page and see if you can find any examples of great customer service (it may come in handy for this question).
What would your previous manager say about you?
- I work well under pressure without losing attention to detail. This is a great answer at Tim Hortons because they are always busy and mistakes result in loss of revenue and an increase in customer wait time.
Questions to ask on a Tim Hortons Interview?
- What type of training will I receive?
- What are some characteristics of your top performing employees?
- What hours will I work?
- What do you like best about working here?
Tim Hortons Interview Prep Quiz
0 of 9 questions completed
To perform well on your interview you have to show you are passionate and knowledgeable about Tim Hortons products. Try the quiz below.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 9 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Thanks for taking the test. Good luck on your Tim Hortons Job Interview
Question 1 of 9
The first Tim Hortons was opened in 1964 in which Canadian City?Correct
Question 2 of 9
The Timbit (bite sized donut hole) was on the original menu in 1964.Correct
The Timbit (bite sized donut hole) was on the original menu in 1964.Incorrect
The Timbit was introducted in 1976.
Question 3 of 9
How many Timbit varieties are there?Correct
Question 4 of 9
Who is Tim Horton?Correct
Question 5 of 9
Who is Ron Joyce?Correct
Question 6 of 9
Tim Hortons is traded on Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)Correct
Question 7 of 9
What does Tim Horton Children’s Foundation do?Correct
Question 8 of 9
What times can you get breakfast at Tim Hortons?Correct
Question 9 of 9
Which has more calories the Hot Breakfast Sandwich (English Muffin with Sausage, Egg White, Cheese) or the Bagel B.E.L.T (Bagel BELT – Plain Bagel, Sausage, Egg & Cheese).Correct
Have you had success answering Tim Hortons Interview Questions in the past? Share your success or any ideas you have.