Have an interview at TJ Maxx? Here you will find common interview questions and answers at TJ Maxx Retailer.
Interview Questions at TJ MAXX
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
Tell us about your previous work experience?
- Have a second read of the job description and highlight the experience they are looking for. Then match the experience you have to what you found in the job description. State all related experience.
- If this is your first job tell them you have been focusing on school and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
Why should I hire you?
- Have a second read of the job description and find key skills they are looking for and reassure the interviewer that you have those skills. For example, suppose you have a merchandise associate interview and the description states they are looking for people who have customer service experience. Here you can tell the interviewer about your strong communication skills which will allow you to work well with the customer.
What can you tell us about TJ Maxx?
- They are a retailer of clothes, shoes, bedding, furniture and gift items.
- The head office is in Framingham MA.
- T.J. Maxx supports the save the children campaign. This campaign provides funding for early education, literacy, nutrition and physical activity programs.
Why do you want to work for TJ Maxx?
- Say you want a job that keeps you active and allows you to work with customers.
- Say you enjoy the product and service you get at TJ Maxx and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
- Say you think the retailer offers exceptional quality and value to their customers which are another reason to be proud to represent them.
What is your greatest strength?
There are many great answers to this question. Potential responses are:
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you) or
- I work well under pressure or
- My communication skills or
What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at TJ Maxx. Say something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
How long would you expect to work here if hired?
- Tell them as long as you continue to learn and grow your career you will stay at TJ Maxx.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- Have a look at other TJ Maxx jobs on their website and find a career you can see yourself doing in five years. Making it look like you will stay at TJ Max will make you sound like you are not a job hopper.
Do you have any questions for us?
- What training kind of training will I receive?
- What do you like best about working at TJ Maxx?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
TJ Maxx Interview Tips
- Arrive 10 minutes early and not earlier
- Have good body posture to prevent you from mumbling
- Research TJ Maxx salary information before your interview
- Don’t speak too quickly as you will sound nervous.
How to dress for a TJ Maxx Interview
- Have a look at what current employees are wearing and dress one step better.
- Dress formal