Congratulations on getting a UPS Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However with a small amount of preparation you can ace the UPS Job Interview.
Here we will review how to successfully answer UPS Interview Questions.
UPS Interview Questions
1) Why do you want to work for UPS?
Remember, you need to sound excited about this question and show why you think UPS is a great company!
- Say that you want to work for an industry leader, as UPS is the world’s largest package delivery service.
- If UPS is on a top employer list in your area, mention it.
- State that you admire their commitment to helping the environment with their carbon neutral program (customers have the option to pay more for their shipments to offset carbon dioxide) and that you would be proud to work for a company that cares so much for the environment.
- Mention that with the growing amount of online shopping you feel UPS is in the right industry for growth.
- Let them know that you enjoy the challenge of working in a fast pace environment.
- Say that you admire them for being a Fortune 500 company.
2) What can you tell us about UPS?
What is the biggest interview mistake you can make?…Not knowing enough about the company!
Regardless if you are on a UPS delivery driver interview or interviewing as a CEO you need to know as much about the company as possible.
After reviewing UPS here is what I found:
- United Parcel Service (UPS) is the world’s largest package delivery service.
- The headquarters are in Sandy Springs GA.
- The UPS Store is where customers can pack and ship mail. They also offer printing services and mailboxes for pick up.
- UPS also operates its own airline and air cargo delivery service.
- UPS Capital provides financing and insurance.
- UPS Connect is a service offered to businesses in order to help them with their shipping needs. UPS Connect offers discounts on air and ground shipments.
- UPS offers supply chain consulting.
- UPS Express Critical provides a broad range of urgent transportation options ranging from lightweight to heavyweight shipments around the world.
3) Why should UPS hire you?
For every job, UPS requires someone to have a certain set of experience and skills. Now is your chance to show the interviewer that you have the experience and skills required for the job!
- For example, if you are on a UPS Delivery Driver Interview and you see that they require experience and skills such as logistics, works well under pressure, great communicator and great attention to detail; you will want to demonstrate to the interviewer that you have those skills.
4) Where do you see yourself in five years?
Now what I am about to tell you is very important! You need to demonstrate to the employer that the position that you are interviewing for is part of your five-year plan.
- For example, if you are applying as a CSR, state that your career goal is to become CSR Manager. If you are applying for a manager position, let them know that you want to be a director.
- Tip! Take a look at UPS careers and find a position that suits your career goals.
5) What is your greatest strength?
- Make sure your greatest strength matches the greatest strength required for the job. For example, works well under pressure is a great skill for a UPS Package Handler Interview.
6) What is your greatest weakness?
- Make sure the greatest weakness that you mention does not impact your ability to do the job.
- Also, when stating your greatest weakness, remember to mention how you are overcoming it or what you are doing to correct it.
7) Do you prefer to work independently or as a team?
- Most jobs at UPS require you to work well as a team, therefore it would be beneficial to say that you prefer to work well in a team.
Questions to ask on a UPS Interview
The last thing you want to do is not have any questions to ask the interviewer.
Not having any questions will make you look unprepared!
Sample Questions to ask:
- What do you like best about working at UPS?
- What type if advancement can you top-performing employees receive at UPS?
- If I were to start tomorrow what would be my top priority?
UPS Interview Attire
- If you are applying for a non-management position then dressing business casual is appropriate. If you are interviewing for a management position, dress formally.
UPS Interview Tips
- Arrive 10 minutes early (no more, no less).
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Bring extra copies of your resume.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
- Make good eye contact throughout the interview.