Congratulations on getting a Value Village Interview
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation, you can ace the Value Village Job Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Value Village Interview Questions.
Value Village Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
Here’s the deal!
You can put yourself way ahead of the competition if you answer this question correctly.
- What you need to do is reassure the interviewer you have gained related work experience from previous and current jobs. Having related work experience will put you ahead of the competition.
- Suppose you are interviewing for the position of a team member, the job description states you could be working as a cashier or a merchandiser (pricing items, stocking, managing inventory). If you have experience in merchandising or being a cashier mention that first!
- If this is your first job and you don’t have any experience don’t worry. You just need to tell the interviewer you have been focusing on school and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
- Note this is not the time to tell the interviewer your life story.
2) What can you tell us about Value Village?
- Value Village is a for-profit global thrift retailer offering great quality used clothing accessories and household goods.
- Value Villages business model of purchasing, reselling and recycling gives communities a smart way to shop and keeps more than 700 million pounds of used goods from landfills each year.
- Value Village helps more than 120 nonprofit organizations by paying them for donated goods, which supports their vital community programs and services.
- Value Village has over 330 locations and has 20,000 employees in Canada, the United States, and Australia.
3) Why do you want to work at Value Village?
- Say you feel Value Village offers great value for their customers and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
4) Why should we hire you?
Possible answers are:
- I have great attention to detail.
- I have excellent communication skills.
- I am a team player.
- I am an excellent multitasker
5) Define excellent customer service?
- The staff is friendly and they are always willing to help the customer.
- The store is clean and well organized.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- If the customer was upset because of a product I would see if they can exchange it. Tip! Be familiar with the Value Village return policy as they do not offer cash refunds.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
This question is designed to see if you have goals and ambition.
- If you don’t know what to say then take a look at other Value Village management jobs and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years. This way you will sound like you are not a “job hopper”.
8) What hours are you available?
- The more flexible you are with your hours the better chance you have at landing the job.
9) What are core values at Value Village?
- Act with ethics and integrity.
- Put donors and customers first.
- Invest in team members’ success.
- Strengthen communities.
- Protect the planet.
- Innovate to grow.
10) Questions to ask on a Value Village Interview?
Want to know the best part?
This question is almost guaranteed to be asked and hardly anyone will be prepared for it.
Here are some great questions
- What type of advancement can top performing employers receive?
- What do you like best about working at Value Village?
- What type of training will I receive?
Value Village Second Interview
- Many applicants have a second interview with the retail manager. If you have a second interview do not worry, simply study the question above and you will do fine.
What to wear to a Value Village
- If you are at a value village team member interview then dress business casually.
- If you are on a management interview then dress formally.