Congratulations on getting a Wagamama Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is fierce.
However, with a small bit of preparation, you can ace the Wagamama Job Interview.
Here you will find how to answer frequently asked Wagamama Interview Questions and Answers.
Wagamama Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your answer brief and to the point.
2) What can you tell us about Wagamamas?
- The first restaurant was opened in 1992 in London.
- They offer fresh Japanese-inspired food. They feature a wide variety of noodle and rice dishes, as well as salads, side dishes, desserts, freshly squeezed juices, hot drinks, wine, sake and Asian beers.
- The restaurant is in 17 countries.
- Wagamama is Japanese for ‘naughty child’.
3) Why do you want to work for Wagamama?
- State you love the product and the service you get and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
- Tip!!! Be sure to like them on Facebook and state a product you saw and wanted. This will show you truly do like their restaurants.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because all restaurants have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
5) What is your greatest weakness?
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
- I would also not let the customer upset me and make sure the next customer is treated in a friendly manner.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- This question is designed to see if you have goals but, more importantly, to see if you are a good fit. For example, suppose you can see yourself as a chef or as a restaurant manager.
- Alternatively, have a look at other Wagamama jobs and see if you can find a job you can see yourself doing in five years.
8) Why should I hire you?
For this question, you want to reread the job description and find why you are a good fit. Suppose I was interviewing for a front of the house team member. Here are the skills I found they are looking for
- Being a Wagamama front of the house team member means being on the move in a busy environment (skill: works well under pressure).
- Making every customer feel welcome (skill: communication skills).
- If you’re ambitious, keen to learn and eager to fulfill your potential, you’ll fit right in (skill: quick learner)
So when asked why should I hire you state
- I work well under pressure and thrive in a busy environment.
- I have great communication skills and will make every customer feel welcome.
- I am a quick learner and not have any issues learning the Wagamama products.
9) How did you find this job?
- A great answer to this question is you have been actively searching the jobs on Wagamama’s website as you always wanted to work here.
10) Do you have any questions for us?
- Can you describe what are your top performing employees are like?
Have you had a Wagamama interview in the past or questions you would like to suggest? Share your successes or any suggestions below.