Walmart is the largest retailer in the world and more importantly a great place to grow your career. Here you will find frequently asked Walmart Interview Questions and Answers, Walmart Interview Tips, and advice on how to dress for a Walmart Interview.
Walmart Interview Questions
1) What can you tell us about Walmart?
- Walmart is the largest retailer in the world.
- They offer common goods such as groceries and clothing.
- All Walmart stores have pharmacies, photo and vision centers.
- Customers have the ability to shop online.
- The company is ranked #1 on the Fortune 500 list in 2017.
- The headquarters are in Bentonville Arkansas.
- It was founded by Sam Walton
- Their motto is, “Save Money, Live Better”.
- They sell quality fashion clothing called George. George is considered fashionable yet affordable.
- They offer their customers a Walmart Credit Card.
2) Why do you want to work for Walmart?
- Talk about how the prices at Walmart are lower than most department stores and how they offer their customers great value.
- Say how impressed you are that the company creates so many jobs, reduces inflation, and provides great products for families in all income ranges.
- With Walmart being a Fortune 500 company, say you feel you can learn a lot about the retail industry.
- Say you want to work in a fast-paced environment.
3) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Take a look at other Walmart’s jobs and find a position you can see yourself doing in 5 years. If you sound committed to Walmart, they won’t mind spending the time to train you.
4) How would you deal with an upset customerr?
- I would find out why they are upset. If the customer was upset with an item already purchased I would ask the customer if they had their receipt and if so I would direct them to customer service to refund their money or replace the item. If the customer was upset that they could not find what they are looking for I would find it for them and not just point them in a general direction.
- Tip! Learn Walmart’s Return Policy as it may help you answer this question.
5) What experience do you have?
- If you have any retail experience talk about it. If you have any cashier experience talk about it. If you don’t have retail experience or any other type of experience don’t worry. Walmart hires lots of first time workers.
6) Why should I hire you?
I don’t care if you are applying for a position as an overnight stocker, pharmacy technician, or department manager, the best way to answer this question is to re-read the job description and find skills that you have that match that job description. After rereading the job description for cashier here is what I found.
- Provides excellent customer service through Practicing the 10-Foot Attitude. So we have skill number one which is people skills.
- Must maintain excellent productivity levels by scanning merchandise quickly and accurately (skill number two: working quickly and accurately in a timely manner).
- Achieving the scanning percentage goal. Attending all Cashier training sessions (skill three which is a quick learner).
- Looking at the qualification section, it states they are looking for someone with mathematical skills notability adding and subtraction and working with decimals. This leads to skill number four which is math skills. Note that you do not have to be a math professor to be good at making change so state you have great math skills.
So in the example of cashier interview when they ask why should I hire you I would state:
- I have excellent people skills and enjoy meeting new people.
- I can perform tasks quickly and accurately in a timely manner.
- I am a quick learner.
- I have great math skills and I am comfortable with working with foreign currency
7) Questions to ask on a Walmart Interview?
- What kind of training will I receive?
- What are characteristics of your top performing employees?
- What do you like best about working at Walmart?
What to wear to a Walmart Interview
- If you are interviewing for a non-management position such as a cashier then dress business casually.
- If you are dressing for a management position then dress formally.
Walmart Interview Tips
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Learn as much as you can about Walmart.
0 of 10 questions completed
Think you are ready for the Walmart Interview? Test you knowledge and see how well you know this company.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 10
ASDA is a British supermarket owned by Walmart?Correct
Question 2 of 10
Walmart has a goal by 2018 to hire 100,000 veterans?Correct
Question 3 of 10
Who is the founder of Walmart?Correct
Question 4 of 10
Marissa A. Mayer the CEO of Yahoo is a board member of Walmart?Correct
True – She was once employee number 20 at Google.Incorrect
True – She was once employee number 20 at Google.
Question 5 of 10
In 2015 what percentage of associates are women?Correct
57% of their associates are women according to their annual report in 2015.Incorrect
57% of their associates are women according to their annual report in 2015.
Question 6 of 10
Walmart U.S. operates in all 50 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico?Correct
Question 7 of 10
Walmart International consists of how many countries?Correct
26 – Walmart International excludes Sam’s club and Walmart U.S.Incorrect
26 – Walmart International excludes Sam’s club and Walmart U.S.
Question 8 of 10
Which state has more Walmart Stores than any other?Correct
Question 9 of 10
Walmart exited this country in 2006?Correct
Question 10 of 10
Which Walmart segment has the highest net sales?Correct
- Walmart Overnight Stocker Interview Questions
- Walmart Cashier Interview
- Walmart Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions
- Walmart Vision Center Interview Questions
- Walmart Job Descriptions
Have you had success with Walmart Interview Questions in the past? Share your success or any suggestions below.