Congratulations on getting a Wegmans Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Wegmans interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Wegmans Interview Questions.
Wegmans Interview Questions
1) Tell us about your previous work experience?
- Be sure to talk about any customer service or retail experience you have as these are important skills at Wegmans.
- If this is your first job and you don’t have any experience tell them you have been focusing on school and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
2) What can you tell us about Wegmans?
- The company is a family-owned supermarket in Gates NY.
- There are locations in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Virginia.
- It was founded in 1916 in Rochester.
- Wegmans is ranked 2nd by Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017.
- Annual sales in 2016 of $8.3 billion.
- Wegmans core values are caring, high standards, making a difference, respect and empowerment.
3) Why do you want to work for Wegmans?
- State you love the product and service you get at Wegmans and because of this, you would be happy to represent them.
Tip!!! Be sure to follow Wegmans Twitter. It will show the interviewer you truly do enjoy their product.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer as you will be able to perform well during Wegmans rush hour) or
- I am a quick learner. This is also a great answer as you will be able to learn Wegmans product line, and point of sale system (if required)
5) What would your previous boss say about you?
- I work well as a team or an individual.
6) What is your greatest weakness?
You will want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Wegmans. State something like
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Have a look at careers on Wegmans website and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years. This way you will not sound like a “job hopper” and they may spend time training you.
8) Why should I hire you?
Think of the skills required for the job you are interviewing for. For example, if you are applying or a cashier you will want great communication skills, the ability to learn quickly (learn the point of sale system), and work well under pressure.
So if I was interviewing for a position of cashier and asked this question I would state:
- I have great communication skills and will enjoy working with customers.
- I am a quick learner and will not have any issue learning the cash register or till.
- I work well under pressure and will not have any issue working through Wegmans rush hour.
9) Questions to ask on a Wegmans Interview?
Most Wegmans Interview Questions will end with this question. Below are suggested responses:
- What are characteristics of your best employees?
- What type of training will I receive?
- What do you like best about working here?
Wegmans Interview Attire
- If you are interviewing for an entry level position then dress business casual. If you are interviewing for a managerial position then dress formally.