Congratulations on getting an interview at Wells Fargo. The Wells Fargo Interview process may be conducted by a telephone, in a group, or one-on-one with a recruiter or a hiring manager. Here you will a step-by-step guide on how to successfully answer frequently asked Wells Fargo Interview Questions and Answers.
Wells Fargo Job Interview
What can you tell us about Wells Fargo?
- Wells Fargo was founded on March 18, 1852.
- The bank was founded by Henry Wells and William Fargo.
- The first bank was opened in San Francisco, California.
- Wells Fargo Motto Together is we’ll go far.
- Wells Fargo has $1.9 trillion in assets, 70 million customers, 8600 locations, and 13,000 ATMs as of December 31st, 2016.
- The CEO of Wells Fargo is Timothy J. Sloan.
Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?
- Say you feel you could learn a lot about banking by working for an S&P 100 and S&P 500 company.
- If you are applying for a role that would require you to work with customers, say you have excellent people skills and would enjoy working with clients.
Why should I hire you?
Have a read of the job description and find skills they are looking for and reassure the interviewer that you have those skills. Say you were interviewing for the position of teller. The Wells Fargo Job description states they are looking for someone who:
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information. (skill required: quick learner)
- Cash handling experience (skill required: good with math)
- Customer service focus with the ability to stay positive in interactions with customers and team members. (skill: communications)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment (skill required: works well under pressure)
- Good communication skills including speaking clearly, succinctly, and accurately while using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesies (skill required: communication skills)
- Ability to meet or exceed performance objectives (skill required: works well under pressure)
So a possible answer to why should I hire you for a teller position say
- I have excellent communication skills and will always remain professional when dealing with customers.
- I am a quick learner and will not have any issue navigating multiple computer systems.
- I work well under pressure and will be able to meet or exceed performance objectives and deal with customers efficiently and quickly.
What is your greatest strength?
- Answering this question depends on the role you are applying for. For example, if you are applying for a position of java developer then state your programming skills. If you are applying for a position in management state your leadership skills. Put yourself in the interviewer’s shoes and ask yourself what do they want to hear?
Who are Wells Fargo Competitors?
- Wells Fargo competitors are JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, and CitiGroup.
Questions to ask on a Wells Fargo Interview
- What do you like best about working at Wells Fargo?
- What type of promotions can your top-performing employees expect?
Wells Fargo Interview Attire
- Be sure to dress formally. Bank employees always dress well so it is important you do too.
Wells Fargo Interview Tips
- Arrive 10 – 15 minutes early (do not arrive earlier)
- Bring an extra resume.
- Learn as much about the Wells Fargo as possible.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous and don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.