Congratulations on getting a Whataburger interview.
We can all agree that interviews are stressful and that competition is fierce.
However, with a little preparation, you can ace the Whataburger Interview.
Here you will find out how to successfully answer Whataburger interview questions.
Whataburger Interview Questions
Tell us about your previous work experience?
- Reread the Whataburger job description and find the experience they are looking for and match your previous work experience to the job description.
- If this is your first job, tell them you have been focusing on school and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the working world.
What can you tell us about Whataburger?
- The first restaurant was opened in Corpus Christi TX in 1950.
- In addition, to burgers, they offer chicken, breakfast, kids menu, sides, desserts, drinks, and shakes.
- There are over 700 restaurants.
Why do you want to work for Whataburger?
- Let the interviewer know that you love the product and service you get at Whataburger, and, because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
- State that you would like to work in a fast-paced environment.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because all restaurants have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Whataburger. Say something like:
- I work too much and I sometimes don’t spend enough time with my friends and family.
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first). It is important to keep the customer happy, as an unhappy customer will never return.
How long would you expect to work here if hired?
- If you are going to school say you would like to stay for the duration of your studies (don’t say this if you have a month left in school).
- Alternatively, you could say that as long as you are challenged and you are growing in your career, you would love to stay at Whataburger.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
No Whataburger interview questions list is complete without this question. This question is designed to see if you have goals and if you are a good fit for the restaurant.
- If going to college or university, state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- If you don’t have a five-year career plan, then browse jobs on popular employment websites and find a something you would love to do in five years.
- Have a look at other Whataburger jobs and see if you can find a position you can see yourself doing in five years. You want to ensure that you do not sound like a job hopper.
Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner and I am punctual.
How do you define great customer service?
- The food is fresh and made to order.
- The customer is not waiting long for their meal.
- The customer service is exceptional.
- The restaurant is clean.
Questions to ask on a Whataburger Interview
- What training kind of training will I receive?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- What do you like best about working at Whataburger?
Whataburger Interview Attire
- Dress business casual but if you are applying for a management position then dress formally.
Does Whataburger Drug Test?
- Whataburger does reserve the right to a drug test (post-offer of employment). This is in the small print on their job application.
Whataburger Second Interview
- If you have a second interview then it is more than likely to be given by the general manager. The fact that you got a second interview means you’re doing great! If you study the questions above you will be fine.