Congratulations on getting a 7-Eleven Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the 7-Eleven job interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer 7-Eleven Interview Questions.
7-Eleven Interview Questions
1) What can you tell us about 7-Eleven?
- They are the world’s largest convenience store chain.
- They are in over 18 countries worldwide.
- They are one of the first companies to operate 24 hours a day.
- About 25 percent of the U.S. population lives within one mile of a 7-Eleven store.
- 7-Eleven headquarters are in Dallas Texas.
- 7Rewards allows customers to get their 7th drink for free using a smartphone app.
- 7-Eleven offers breakfast.
- 7-Eleven has been serving the Big Gulp since 1976.
- The first chain of convenience stores was known as Tote’m stores. The company was renamed 7-Eleven in 1946.
- The retailer was the first company to introduce coffee to go cups.
- 7-Eleven did not invent the Slurpee but it did coin the phrase and introduced the drink to their stores in 1965.
- Their slogan is, “Oh thank heaven for 7-Eleven”.
- Their hot dogs are known as the Big Bite.
2) Why do you want to work at 7-Eleven?
- If you are going to university or college mention that you think 7-Eleven will be a great way to pay for school.
- If you see yourself opening a franchise in the future tell the interviewer.
3) How did you hear about the position?
- If your friend referred you then tell them the name of the friend.
- If you applied through the company website, state you have always wanted to work for 7-11 and have been actively searching their job boards.
4) Have you ever worked at a convenience store before?
- If you have that is great.
- If not talk about skills needed to work in a convenience store (people skills, time management) and how you acquired those skills in your last job.
5) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Look at the career section of 7-Eleven and find a job you could see yourself doing in five years.
- A career in retail management.
6) Why should I hire you?
- The majority of you will be applying for a position as a sales associate. A sales associate is someone who greets people at the door, maintains the 7-Eleven stores, and works the cashier. Tell the interviewer you can provide the customer excellent customer service, and will have no problem working the cashier as you have no issues with making change.
7) What hours can you work?
- 7-Eleven is a 24-hour operation so be as flexible as possible.
8) Can you work holidays or weekends?
- Answering yes will increase your chances of getting hired.
9) What type of salary are you looking for?
- You can always flip the question and ask what is the range? Then you can ask for the high end.
- If you are applying for an entry level position don’t be surprised if they offer minimum wage.
10) How would you deal with an angry or irate customer?
- Say you would give him/her your full attention. Then apologize for the inconvenience and see what you can do to fix the situation. If you could not do anything you would ask your manager what to do. Also, state you feel it is important to keep the customer happy in order to obtain repeat business.
11) What would you do someone came in and demanded money?
- Say you would give the money, and then call the police when the individual leaves.
12) What would your previous manager say about you?
- Say your manager would say you work well under pressure, you communicate well, and you are an excellent team player.
13) Do you have any questions for us?
- What do you like best about working at 7-Eleven?
- What are characteristics of your top performing employees?