Congratulations on getting an Air Canada Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is fierce.
However, with a small amount of preparation, you can ace the Air Canada Interview
Here we will discuss how to answer frequently asked Air Canada Interview Questions
Air Canada Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- You can talk about your hobbies and interests but keep it brief. What they really want to hear is how your past and present work experience relates to the position you are interviewing for.
2) What can you tell us about Air Canada?
- Air Canada is Canada’s largest airline.
- In 2016, Air Canada together with its Air Canada Express regional partners carried close to 45 million passengers, offering direct passenger service to more than 200 destinations on six continents.
- Air Canada’s corporate headquarters are in Montreal.
- Air Canada is among the 20 largest airlines in the world and employs 30,000 people.
- Air Canada’s loyalty program is called Aeroplan.
- Their low-cost carrier is Air Canada Rouge.
- Through Star Alliance customers can reach more than 1300 airports worldwide.
- Air Canada is considered one of Montreal’s Top Employers.
3) Who is the CEO of Air Canada?
- The CEO is Calin Rovinescu.
4) Why do you want to work for Air Canada?
- State you love aviation and you love working with people and you think a career at Air Canada will allow you to do both.
- State you would be proud to work for AC because of what the Air Canada Foundation does. The foundation is designed for customers to donate their Aero Plan points to children and youth in need. Those points are used to provide free transportation services to children to and from hospitals.
5) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because Air Canada gets extremely busy during holiday seasons and you need to stay focused during this time)
6) What is your greatest weakness?
Make sure your greatest weakness does not interfere with your ability to work at Air Canada. State something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friend and family or when
- I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
7) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If the flight was delayed I would explain why the flight was delayed and sympathize with them. If their luggage was lost I would do my best to locate it and help them find it. Mention that it is important to keep a customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
8) How do you define excellent customer service?
- Bags are delivered on time when the customer arrives.
- Flight attendants are friendly during check in and in the air.
- There is a knowledgeable staff at self-service kiosks.
- Assist parents with toddlers and give extra care to elderly.
9) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- There are lots of opportunities in Air Canada. Why not have a look at their website and find a career you can see yourself doing in five years. This way it will sound like you have ambition and they won’t be wasting their time training you.
10) Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
Questions to ask in an Air Canada Interview?
- If offered the position is there any take-home material I can read?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- What do you like best about working at Air Canada?