Target is an American retailer with headquarters in Minneapolis Minnesota. Today Target is the second largest retailer in the United States and is an S&P 500 company. Here you will find frequently asked Target Interview Questions and Answers.
Target Job Interview
What can you tell us about Target?
- The headquarters are in Minneapolis Minnesota.
- They have 1,793 stores in the United States.
- The first store opened in 1962 in the Minneapolis suburb of Roseville.
- Their slogan is, expect more pay less.
- Their mission statement is to make Target your preferred shopping destination in all channels by delivering outstanding value, continuous innovation, and exceptional guest experiences by consistently fulfilling our Expect More. Pay Less. brand promise.
- Their mascot is a dog named bullseye.
Why do you want to work at Target?
- If you are going to university or college mention that you think Target will be a great way to pay for school.
- State you love the product and the service you receive at Target and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
- Target is a Fortune 500 company and because of this, I feel I can learn a lot at Target.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Target is a huge corporation so why not look at their career section and find a job you could see yourself doing in five years. If you are willing to stay at Target for five years they will be more than willing to train you as you are in it for the long haul.
Why should I hire you?
- Look at the job description you are applying for and look at the desired qualifications and required qualifications. Restate that you have these qualifications (or restate what you can).
What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not cost you the job. Say something like
- When I get caught up in my work I neglect my friends and family.
- I work too much and I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
I would find out what is wrong with the customer.
- If the customer cannot find what they are looking for I would walk them over to where the product is located and not simply point to where the product is.
- If it was the product I would see if the customer can exchange it or replace it and redirect the customer to the customer service section of Target. Tip learn Targets Return Policy as it may help you answer this question.
Tip: You should have a look at Target’s return policy. Studying the return policy may help you answer this question.
Questions to ask on a Target Interview?
- What type of training program does Target offer?
- What kind of career advancement can your top employers expect?
- What are attributes of your top-performing employees?
- Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview
- Target Cashier Interview Questions
- Target Background Team Member Interview
0 of 10 questions completed
Think you are ready for the Target Interview? Take the quiz and see how much you know about Target
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 10
What Year was the Target Corporation Incorporated?Correct
1902 is the year Target was incorporated but back then it was known as Dayton Dry Goods CompanyIncorrect
1902 is the year Target was incorporated but back then it was known as Dayton Dry Goods Company
Question 2 of 10
At Target employees are referred to asCorrect
Question 3 of 10
What is a SuperTarget?Correct
These stores offer a full line of food items like traditional supermarkets.Incorrect
These stores offer a full line of food items like traditional supermarkets.
Question 4 of 10
What city is the Target Headquarters located in?Correct
Question 5 of 10
Target partnered with this pharmacy care company?Correct
Question 6 of 10
Which Target has more stores than any other state?Correct
California. On January 31st, 2014 Target reported they have 268 stores in California.Incorrect
California. On January 31st, 2014 Target reported they have 268 stores in California.
Question 7 of 10
On January 14th, 2015 Target announced it would close all their stores in this countryCorrect
Question 8 of 10
What is the name of targets credit card?Correct
RedCard. Redcard allows customers to receive a 5 percent discount on virtually all purchases and receive free shipping at Target.com.Incorrect
RedCard. Redcard allows customers to receive a 5 percent discount on virtually all purchases and receive free shipping at Target.com.
Question 9 of 10
Do Target gift cards expire?Correct
Question 10 of 10
Target offers free WiFi at all their stores?Correct
True – they offer free WiFi so customers can access their Target mobile applicationIncorrect
True – they offer free WiFi so customers can access their Target mobile application