Why do you want to be a cashier?
- State you enjoy working with people and hope to work in a fast paste environment like Walmart.
Why should I hire you?
To answer this question all you need to do is look at the job description and find skills required that you have
The skill keywords in the job description I see are:
- Provides excellent customer service (People skills)
- Scanning merchandise quickly and accurately (attention to detail)
- Attending all cashier training sessions (quick learner)
- Mathematical skills are able to add, subtract and divide. (Math skills)
Now we have our answer to the why should I hire you question:
- I have great people skills and will provide excellent customer service.
- I pay great attention to detail and will be able to scan merchandise quickly and accurately.
- I am a quick learner and have the ability to process payments quickly reducing any change shortages or overages.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- This question is designed to see if you have goals and to see if you are a good fit for Walmart. The best advice I can in give for this question is to find a position at Walmart that you can see yourself doing in five years. If you stay at Walmart then they will be more likely to train you and you will not be perceived as a “job hopper”.
Any questions for us?
- You job description talks about the scanning percentage goal and the item per hour goal. Can you tell me more what these goals entail? [be sure your job description has this]
- How long is the cashier training sessions last for? [again this is in the job description I am reading]